Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Graduation Day

It is official!!  Damon turned in his last paper today and has completed a Masters in International Social Development.  I am SO proud of him.  The last 9 months have been stressful but Damon did a great job of balancing a new country, a job, teaching a local Chinese woman weekly English lessons using the Bible, school and his wife.  When he came home last night I presented him with his "diploma" and all the rights and privileges appertaining thereto while Pomp and Circumstance filled the room. The fleece doesn't look quite as regal compared to the cap and gown but hey, graduation doesn't happen until April of 2009, so we had to make due.  I can't end this post without thanking Kelly B. for proofreading Damon's papers and for holding onto and e-mailing us Damon's last paper when our computer crashed the weekend before it was due!  Thank goodness he had already e-mailed it to you for proofreading.  

Please join me in congratulating Damon on a job well done and please pray for a job in the States where Damon can use his talents and new found knowledge to serve others.  I can't wait to see what the future holds...no seriously, I can't wait to see what the future holds.  

17 comments:

Kelly T said...

Congratulations, Damon!! I cannot believe that you're already done - it seems to me like it went so fast but you probably don't agree. We're excited for you guys and can't wait to see what's next!!

lj said...

AWESOME! OKC HERE U COME!

Lj

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Damon! Grad school schmad school. You rocked it!
Arianne

Andrea Kay said...

Congratulations!!!! How awesome! I bet that there is a huge sigh of relief now! Cannot wait to see where the next chapter of your lives will lead you!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations Damon!! How exciting. I'm sure it feels SOOOOO nice to be done. Looking forward to seeing you guys when you're back!

Mark and Kelly said...

Otsukare sama deshita!!! The future holds great things, I know it. We're looking forward to seeing you both soon!

Campbell Family said...

Congratulations, Damon! Wow, that was fast, especially compared to how long it has taken Rusty to complete his degree! :) We will pray for God to lead you to a place where you can serve Him with your abilities and knowledge. Love, The Campbell fam

Anonymous said...

Double Congrats! from BA!!
24 days!!

Rachel said...

Congrats Damon! I can't believe you're already done! So when are y'all coming home? I guess we've missed our window to come visit you in yet another foreign country. Sigh.

NandL said...

Congratulations, you two!! (Yes, Amy, you too!!) That is awesome! And don't forget... Japan could always use the help... haha!
Laura H... (if that actually makes sense......)

Campbell Family said...

Congrats man! Please tell me how it feels. I'd like to know. Also, congrats to Amy for earning her Ph.T. (Put Hubby Through). I know it wasn't easy for you guys but you did it! Rusty

Billy Jeffers said...

Congrats bud!!!

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Damon! And way to go, Amy! You are such a creative and loving wife to have a little ceremony ready when he got home. It's amazing how quickly time has flown. It seems like you just got over to Australia and now you've got a master's degree. Hope you have safe travels and that God shows you His plan sooner than later. I know it can be hard to get things/decisions figured out.
We're also hoping that you'll consider a little mini-vaca in Alaska as you tour and visit family in the future. We'd love to see you.

Sarah said...

CONGRATS!!

OK Chick said...

Congratulations Damon! I know it feels great to be done. Way to go.

The Lj's said...

So now that you don't have papers to write, I assume there will be more posts?

Lj

Anonymous said...

Way to go Damon. We knew you could do it. Are you guys coming home soon? I've been looking at your blog off and on for awhile. I enjoy seeing what life is like "down under." Congrats, again. Maybe you will run through Wichita on your way to see Amy's folks. Would like to see you guys again. Take care

Bob & Rhonda Eroh