Monday, March 3, 2008

Do As The Romans Do

We live about ten minutes from the nearest shop so we were wondering how we would be able to carry our stuff home when we bought more than a couple sacks worth.  We found the answer.  You just take the shopping cart with you.  As we were walking around we noticed that there were shopping carts everywhere.  At first we thought this was really rude of people to take a shopping cart and then just leave it in their front yard but then...

we saw this guy.  His job is to drive around the area and pick up the carts.  You help him out by putting your cart close to the curb for easy pick up.  What a great place we live in!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice for you guys...just take the cart with you! How funny. Definitely something Americans aren't used to. :)

Greg and Arianne said...

It's just like when people take carts home from Quail Springs WalMart to the apartment-land on Penn! ha ha

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are allowed to take the trolley (cart)....
I'll email you :)
Arianne

Kelly T said...

This is very cool. I'm a little jealous. It would a great activity for me and Sophie on warm summer days to push the cart all the way home - she loves the shopping cart!

Anonymous said...

I love the cart gig. That's awesome. I like your orange wall as well(Court agrees with amy). Looks like you guys are having fun.

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I've seen "stray" buggies before but never the tractor and flatbed trailer to pick them up! I want to drive the tractor :-) xo

Nicole Whaley said...

Yeah for your new blog. That picture cracked me up. now you have to watch the movie 'The Castle'...that picture reminded me of a scene from that movie. They're talking about 'the best thing about living so close to the airport is that you can just walk home'...and they are there pushing the airport luggage cart home. Good ole australian movies highlighting the very 'best' of our culture! I will keep checking to hear about your adventures! -- nicole