Saturday, May 10, 2008

2nd in Sydney


Cafe dinner with Harbour Bridge behind us
All dressed up
Inside the Opera House

We celebrated our 2 year anniversary on May 6th with a night on the town.  The day started with a dozen red roses delivered to my work-what a nice surprise!  I took off work a little early and met Damon at home.  We got dressed up and headed down to Circular Quay.  We enjoyed dinner at an outdoor cafe that was right on the water.  It was a beautiful night and we had a great view of the harbour with ferries passing by and the Harbour Bridge in the background.  After dinner, we went to the Sydney Opera House to enjoy the Sydney Symphony, and four vocalists, presenting "Hits From the Movies".  They played- "New York, New York", "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "9 to 5", "ET", "Ghostbusters" and more.  We had such a wonderful time.  I think it was a pivotal moment for us.  Sydney is a beautiful city that is filled with great people, food, sights and sounds.  We are finally able to relax and enjoy this wonderful city that we live in.  It has taken us 3 months to get settled in and back on our feet but we are making it and determined to make the most of it.  

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

We thank God for the past two years and for all that we have experienced together in that time.  Only He knows what the next year will hold.  

6 comments:

Kelly T said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! This is the pivotal "no longer newleyweds" mark! How exciting to say that you celebrated in Sydney. So glad that you're feeling the Lord's goodness.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!....late, I know. How cool that you got to go to the opera house. I'm so glad that things are finally settling down for you guys. Love you!

(p.s. are you ever going to add me to your list of friends? :))

Zoomi said...

Happy Anniversary!
I was blog hopping and found your blog. You guys look very good. I'm glad things are going well in Australia.

Izumi

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

Sounds Great. Any Symphony that plays "9 to 5" is ok by me.

Rachel said...

Hi, guys! Glad you enjoyed celebrating your anniversary in your new "hometown". We've been praying for you guys as you continue to adjust to Sydney. Thanks for keeping us up on your adventures through your blog--I really enjoy reading it.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I found you through Rich and Ronda's blog! You look so beautiful in your pictures, I need to catch up on your blog. I'm going to add you to my links if you don't mind. Hope things are going well for you, but it sure looks like they are!
Chandra