Saturday, May 17, 2008

Run Damon Run!

I was standing at the bus stop in front of my school waiting to catch a bus to go to work when a sweet little Chinese girl, I didn't get her name so let's call her Chun-Li, walked up behind me:

Chun-Li: Is this the bus stand for the 393 bus to Central Station?
Damon: Yes. You can take the 395 bus as well and it should be coming in about 2 minutes.
Chun-Li: (Her eyes lit up and she asked with amazement) Are you American?
Damon: Yes.  Did my accent give me away?
Chun-Li: (With even more excitement) I've never met an American before.  I am from a small village in northern China and foreigners don't come to my village.  I could tell you are American because you sound like that famous movie star...um...what's his name...um...Tom...Tom Hanks...
Damon thinking:  Maybe I do sound a little like Tom, in Japan people said I looked like Harrison Ford so I guess I can see why she might think I sound like Tom Hanks.
Chun-Li:...From that movie...um...the one where...um...he is always running and where he has a shrimp boat.  Do you know the one?
Damon:  You mean Forrest Gump?
Chun-Li:  Yes.  I really like that movie.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing!

Anonymous said...

That is funny, Damon.

And Sarah, your comment amused me.

Rusty and Rachel said...

haha. for some reason i suddenly want shrimp prepared a variety of ways...

Anonymous said...

Holy mother...that is funny as a mug!

Lj

Anonymous said...

Well, she sure is spoiled now having met one of the best Americans first. I hope the next American she meets lives up to the standard :)
Arianne

Jason said...

I keep having dreams that we meet up in a McDonalds in Australia...very strange. :) -- Nicole