Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blue Mountains and Bush Walking

I am behind on blogging but here is a quick update of what we have been doing.  A couple of weeks ago my friend and coworker, Antonia, took us to the Blue Mountains.  

Three Sisters

Here we are getting ready to ride the world's steepest railway.  It was at a 52 degree angle.
Antonio and I in with the Three Sisters in the background.  
We also recently went on a 10 kilometer bush walk in he Royal National Park with our friends Danie and Marcelle, friends from church who have recently moved here from South Africa.  

Just starting out on the walk.  
Marcelle and I
After walking through the bush an extra 45 minutes we were rewarded with this view when we rounded the corner--it was worth the wait.  
Our picnic lunch.
Damon and I on Marley Beach.  
We had such a great time.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous!

Lisa Beth Hutchins said...

It's so beautiful!

Rachel said...

great pics! looks like so much fun. the first picture made me think of our texbooks in japan. was it the sunshine or new horizon books when kumi or whoever goes to the blue mountains? Ahh, memories.