Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

We decided to spend New Years Eve at Mrs. Macquarie's Point in Sydney Harbour.  So did 19, 998 other people.  I decided to arrive at noon for the midnight show thinking that there would be no problem for me to get in.  
This is the queue that I stood in for 5 hours:
Damon was very dedicated(thank goodness) and arrived at 6:30 AM!  and after waiting in line 4 hours for them to open the gates he secured us a spot with this view:
When we were finally reunited at 5pm I had come armed with the esky/igloo and we settled into our comfy lawn chairs for the next 7 hours:
All of the lines and the long wait were worth it though for this view:

When the 12 minute show was over Damon asked me if I thought it was worth it.  Well, 17.5 hours of waiting for Damon and 12 hours of waiting for me- hmmmmm...yes, it was an incredible experience and I am SO glad that we were there but once is enough.  So, I think next year I will sit on my couch, in an unknown location at this time, and just look at the pics from last year and call it good.  Hope you had a wonderful evening as well!

8 comments:

The Lj's said...

Awesome! What a fun experience... I can't wait to see all the pictures of your fun times!

Rachel said...

Great pictures and what an experience. I'm predicting that after you have kids you'll be so glad you did this before you had kids. I can't see any kids enjoying a 17.5 hour wait. None that are my kids' age at least.

Andrea Kay said...

That is dedication! What a great experience. I love the last photo! Gorgeous!

The Lj's said...

What do mean "in an unknown location"...of course you will be at the Ljs' pad parting up and giving us tips on how to enjoy Aussie style!

Lj

D's Mom said...

Wow! That show looks like it was amazing. A neat experience to have, but with all that waiting, I'm sure you're right that once is enough. :)

Lisa Beth Hutchins said...

Wow! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing the pictures with me; I was asleep at 10:00 on New Years Eve :)

Anonymous said...

What a great experience! Definitely worth doing once! My husband really wanted to do Times Square this year, but the 6 degree temperatures scared him off. I loved your pictures of the blue mountains, too.

Rusty and Rachel said...

"The Blue Mountains are really blue!"

New Horizons Text Book

Couldn't resist:0